Monday 23 November 2009

Singles of 2009: #18 Girls - Lust For Life

It's hard to put into words just how much I love Girls. I loved them from the first minute I knew of their existence, when we posted the video for Lust For Life on TMM.

The song itself was effortlessly brilliant and immediately I fell for the band, hard. Lust For Life came along just at the right time, in that week or so of summer weather we had. Its gloriously lo-fi beach sound contrasted nicely with the way my life seemed to be going and all was well in the world.

When their debut album, erm, Album landed a few weeks later I loved them even more. There was more to them than the casually strummed guitars, the tales of lost love dominating the record. But it was Lust For Life that introduced me to the band, all 2:25 of it seeming life-affirmingly necessary. And the video is quality, embedded with the carefree, lovelorn attitude I've come to love so much about Girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to argue? Do it here (You're almost certainly wrong, by the way...).